Friday 11 April 2014

J is for JanNoWriMo and other writing challenges

My writing really got a kickstart when I discovered NaNoWriMo about 10 years ago. I find that I write much more when I have a daily challenge to set myself, but that it's easier when other people are trying to meet the same goal as well.

There's a huge list of monthly challenges on Wikipedia (here) but some of my favourites are:
  • NaNoWriMo - National Novel Writing Month - every November, write 50,000 words in November
  • April Fools - Set your own target and write that target in April
  • FAWM - February Album Writing Month
  • Camp NaNoWriMo - Like NaNoWriMo but happens twice during the summer and you can set your own target
  • JanNoWriMo - Write 50,000 words in January

And Blogging from A-Z is another one :)

What's your favourite monthly challenge?

No comments:

Post a Comment