Monday 26 November 2012

I didn't win NaNo but...

I've decided that what with one thing and another, I'm not going to reach 50k by midnight.

I had an assignment due in yesterday, I work full time, I've had meetings that I had to go to in the evenings, and basically that all added up to no time to actually sit down and write.

But! I've decided I'm not going to look on this as a failure. This month I've written a heck of a lot more than I would have thought I could squeeze in around all the other things I was doing. I've got a good proportion of a story that I'm actually very pleased with, and I'm determined to finish writing the story in December. And having decided to accept that I'm not going to race the clock to write 12k words in the next 6 hours, which I probably could do if I really BICFOK'd*, I'm going to not stress and just enjoy finishing my story in December.

Anyone else not going to finish but taking a positive from it?

*BICFOK - Bum In Chair, Fingers On Keys

No comments:

Post a Comment