Thursday 3 November 2011

Day 29 – A song that makes you feel guilty

I was sent the link to a drama set to music a few years ago. It was performed by a youth group and told the story of a woman who is walking with God and then gets pulled away by alcohol, sex, pressure to look like supermodels, and money. She reaches the point where she is starts cutting, and then is about to kill herself when she decides she can't do that and tries to break free. God steps in and pulls her back to himself and fights off her 'demons' for her, and she suddenly appears with a clean white shirt and the blood on her arms gone.

The drama is set to Everything by Lifehouse, and even though, thankfully, I've never been in remotely like the situation of that woman, it still makes me feel guilty about things that I have done in the past that have been bad for me, bad for other people, or just plain stupid.

Today's prompt - Fighting your demons.

The video is here and I really recommend it! And a write up about the drama is here if you're interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment