Tuesday 2 August 2011

General update

I've been quiet recently, sorry, and part of that is because work has been really busy. In between meetings and trying to fit in sleep, I (foolishly!) decided to try Camp NaNoWriMo in July as well. This works on the same principals as the main NaNoWriMo in November, but happens throughotu the summer months.
What I wrote wasn't anything I'd plan to edit or send off anywhere, it was purely for fun, but it did the job of getting me writing large amounts on a regular basis again, which is something I'd been getting very bad at over the last couple of months.
I actually enjoyed it so much, and the support from the NaNo forums, that I've signed up to do it again in August.

Meanwhile, I got my final result from my OU Creative Writing course, which I passed comfortably, and which I'm very pleased about. I've signed up for the advanced course which starts in October. It should be interesting as it covers different areas of creative writing that I haven't really looked at before, like screenplay adaptions and so on.

I hope you're all having a good summer and I'll try to be more regular with my blog now!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your A2215 result. A363 is a very different kettle of fish, but also very rewarding. I've just finished it this year and feeling quite sad there isn't another OU creative writing course to move on to.
    Good luck with it from October.

    ReplyDelete