Wednesday 25 April 2012

WriYe: Who inspires you?

Like most writers I think, I love to read books. Some books I love, but fail to inspire me, like the Harry Potter series. Other books I don't really enjoy but I find something interesting in the writing style or in one of the characters.

One author who really does inspire me though is Naomi Novik and her Temeraire series. I love the characters and the way she wove history into her fantasy story, or possibly wove a fantasy element into her historical novel? And the stories inspired my story D'Artagnan's Dragon (which is still not finished two years after I started it. I should get on with that...)

So this week's question is: Who inspires you? Or to be more in depth, which author inspires you, and what do you like in particular about that author's stories?

No comments:

Post a Comment