By the end of the course you should be able toI'm really enjoying it so far, and the radio script writing was a lot of fun. The next assignment is to start planning a story which will comprise the end of course assignment. Must start thinking!
- Write fiction, poetry, life writing and drama with a mature and sophisticated style and a greater awareness of elements such as repetition and analogy.
- Understand more fully the possible relationships between fiction, drama, life writing and poetry.
- Carry out background research for your writing, including the use of information technology.
- Empathise with characters and fully imagine and realise different eras and imaginative worlds in creating new work.
- Understand how dramatic writing methods might be transferable to other genres, for instance, to improve and develop prose style and voice.
- Demonstrate knowledge of dramatic writing, including knowledge of conventional layout for at least one medium.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the strengths and limitations of writing for different dramatic media, and what might be needed to write dramatic adaptations of fiction or life writing.
- Write with a greater awareness of formal constraints.
- Exercise a disciplined practice including willingness to revise and redraft.
- Present manuscripts and media scripts to a professional standard.
- Give objective evaluations of your own and others’ work through constructive criticism.
- Produce a piece of writing of substantial length which in its style, complexity and editorial awareness is drafted and redrafted to a high standard.
Friday, 27 January 2012
OU Creative Writing update
Just thought I'd give an update on the Open University course I'm doing. The course description says: