Sunday 26 June 2011

Day 14 – A song that you wish you heard on the radio

One of my favourite albums from a few years ago was Celine Dion's The Colour of my Love. The album had a lot of really good songs on it, including Refuse to Dance, which has a really interesting violin part. But I think my favourite song was Next Plane Out.

I like the melody, I like the orchestration - including the wonderful violins in the last choruses, and I like the almost poetic nature of some of the lyrics. The opening lines conjur up a wonderful picture, and the song starts with the sound of rain, bringing it even more to life.
I listen to the sound of the rain fallin' down my window
Prayin' for a gentle wind
To bring my baby back again
So today's prompt is going to be describing someone sitting by a window, watching the rain and waiting for something.

No comments:

Post a Comment