Wednesday 26 January 2011

Things I learned from Marvel...

I have a confession. I love comic books.

When I was younger I would read He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, and She-Ra Princess of Power, then Thundercats, and from there I found Power Pack, which was the support strip.

From there, because the strips I was reading had Franklin Richards in them, I found the Fantastic Four, and my love affair with all things Marvel began, backed up on TV by Spider-Man and X-Men. For some reason the DC heroes never caught my attention as much. Superman and Batman just weren't as exciting.

But anyway, this week I figured out two very important things when writing a fanfic about a Marvel character - red headed girls are essential to any good story (Mary Jane/Spider Man, Jean Grey & Mystique/X-Men, Pepper Potts/Iron Man, and my personal favourite Firestar/New Warriors etc.), and you can't go wrong with a name beginning 'St' (Stark, Storm, Stane, Stern, etc.).

No comments:

Post a Comment