Thursday 14 October 2010

The Last Sin Eater - update

NaNoWriMo doesn't start for another couple of weeks, but I'm already stocking up ideas and research for my story. I've been looking into the practice of sin eating, trying to find out what the reaction of the Victorian church would be to the sin eaters, and if it doesn't absolutely chuck it down with rain this weekend I'm planning to visit Richard Munslow's grave to take some pictures and get as many solid facts about him and his family as possible.

In the meantime I've been browsing through the NaNo forums looking at other people's story ideas, and I came across a very talented participant called Teri King, who goes by the user name songbird0530, who offered to make covers for other users' potential novels.

After I gave her my quick synopsis she came up with this beautiful design for my story. I have to say it's nothing like I would have imagined myslf, but it's absolutely perfect.

It includes the farm, representing Richard's occupation, a grave to signify death, and the phrase "and for thy peace I pawn my own soul" from the sin eater's prayer. I love the way it's a very empty scene as well, with the grave just lurking in the foreground, giving it a strangely uneasy feel.

Teri's own story sounds very interesting and it's the sort of story I'd buy to take on holiday with me to read on the beach. Her story is called 'Learn to Love Again' and is about a cowgirl torn between two men.

Her blog is here and I'll be watching to see if she puts up any snippets of her story.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Pam,

    I just wanted to let you know that I love your blog and your writing prompts. =)

    I would also like to award you with the One Lovely Blog and Versatile Blogger awards. I have linked to you from the award page at my blog, The Writings of A.P. Roberts. If you wish to accept the awards, you can get the rules and graphics from that page.

    Cheers and happy blogging,
    AP Roberts

    ReplyDelete