Monday 21 March 2011

Writing to a time limit

Writing is so much easier when you have a deadline to write towards. Take naNoWriMo, for example. I've managed to complete the challenge - 50,000 words in 30 days - for the last four years, but trying to keep up that amount of writing at other times seems to be pretty much impossible for me.

This week I had good motivation though - I had to complete and edit my submission for Write for Japan and send it in by Sunday 27th. Knowing that there was an end date, and that after that there would be publication (the writer's Holy Grail), and that it was all for a good cause did wonders for my motivation.

The sad thing is, now that the story is done I'm feeling unmotivated again. Must find another deadline to work towards...

No comments:

Post a Comment